Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lowering Kits

I’ve recently been interested in lowering my car. Drag racers do this to decrease wind resistance. Although the overall effect to performance is not huge, it still adds and additional 10 miles per hour to your ride (I think?) PLUS it definitely gives your car that sporty look.

But this should be done with kits. Some low jacks just cut off the shocks. While achieving the task of lowering the car aesthetically, this gives tremendous damage to your suspension system. I’ve rode on this type of car before and it was one of the shakiest rides of my life. You had the feeling that the car was going to fall apart after each twist or turn.

Anyways, I’ve been browsing through shops. I even browsed through the internet. It’s surprising to find out that the prices on the internet are cheaper (well not all of them, but most). If you want performance parts, I suggest browsing through the following sites (1) Autopartswarehouse.com, this is the best site (2) Partstrain.com or (3) Partsbin.com

It won’t hurt to look. The sites are a good indicator of price range and fluctuation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment