Thursday, May 14, 2009

Piedmont Payout!!!!



Tuesday I told you that Sandy had won the Renegade race at Piedmont Dragway the Thursday before the divisional. Well, Sandy sent these pics of the two winners checks. I think who ever come up with the idea two hand out these huge checks to the winners is awesome. It's just another way to celebrate what you have accomplished. Sandy also received a trophy that will go in the office. But the big check will go in the shop on the wall with the others to remind the guys and whoever else comes in that they are dealing with winners. Way cool.

Back in the day while bracket racing, I remember only getting cash for the win and a that a boy. You would come home jacked up knowing you had won, but had nothing to show for it. When I ran some IHRAI they gave you a plaque when you won a divisional. Now they give little iron men. I would like to do some trading. How many remember while bracket racing you got a business card for a time slip with only your E.T. and no reaction time. I have a few of those.

Anyway, I just think it's cool that racers get lots of "stuff " when they win. And having the trophies, plaques, pictures, checks and other " stuff " visible to people, makes them want to do business with you and just be around you. Everybody wants to be around winners. That's why I have decided to quit hanging around Sandy Wilkins. Only kidding! That's why Fleabag has so many friends. He is a winner in everything. By the way, this is not a paid advertisement. I better stop. I think the meds are kicking today.

The leg injury? I went to the plastic surgeon yesterday. He told me a few things I can do to help myself, but overall the leg is looking good. I do not have to wear my splint any more and he wants me to air the wound out more. I still have to keep it elevated for now. I have some good pics of the leg, but I don't know if you are ready for that. I go back in two weeks, so keep me in mind while I sit around and go crazy. Talk to you soon.

Don


0 comments:

Post a Comment